I’ve been a bit more busy this last month, or at least I think I have. When I think about it now I realize that I have updated my website quite a bit since last month. I did however manage to sneak in a blogpost on Black Friday: I didn’t buy anything on Black Friday.
When I do a
git log --since "Oct 31 2022" --until "Dec 2 2022" I see that I have done quite a bit, 59 commits, mostly small things, but I have also done some changes.
- I moved all my stuff from my Work-page to my
cv.jsonthat I use for my CV that is based on JSONResume-schema.
- I added a CSS-rule for external links.
- Updated my Uses-page with new tools.
- Added a new page Timeline, which is a culmination of all my logs.
- Moved the build of my website from self-provisoned Git-hooks to SourceHut.
Like I mentioned last month I was excited for God of War: Ragnarök. And yes, it was simply amazing. I really liked their take on the Norse stories, there’s a lot of similarities and quite a few places where they’ve changed some stuff. I loved it!
Not keeping up the frequency as much as I wanted, but I did sign up for one half-marathon, that I finished today, and six others next year. So I’m looking forward to keeping up with the running and (hopefully) getting better results after each one!
I finally got to try out Deno Fresh and I’m impressed! I ported over my blogposts and it kinda just worked. Initially I used the wrong parser for the TOML-frontmatter and it took me longer than I like to admit to realize I was using a deprecated parser from Deno’s Standard Library.
I also started working on a CLI for Migadu written with Deno and Cliffy, hopefully I’m able to finish it this month.
At work this month I started working on two different projects that involves a lot of API-integrations and I’m learning so much! We’re creating our own clients that interacts with different API’s and we’re using different API’s to integrates with systems from the 90s. It’s exciting!
Didn’t finish any shows this month, but we started watching Black Bird on Apple TV+ and I’m impressed so far into two episodes.
- Barbarian — Wow, finally a horror movie that actually delivers! I felt like I was constantly surprised at every turn, it wasn’t super scary, it was smart!
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever — Disspointed. Namor was cool, but the story didn’t really work.
- Krigsseileren (War Sailor) — Sad and devastating movie. It was difficult to watch, especially since it’s so close to home. Some of the movie is based in the town where I live during World War 2.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special — Meh, it had some cool details, and I felt like I had to watch it.